- I know I'm awful at replying to stuff generally. Some 'features' of email really do make that even less likely
- They've given Hans Rosling a series on t'tellybox. This is very cool. Why did no one tell me?
- I want it. I like utterly pointless things
- Economic growth is a continual process of job destruction, jobs are a cost, not a benefit, of any investment or expansion. We need to make sure that the jobs we create, the jobs the economy creates, are actually useful, productive jobs. Figuring out how to do that? If I knew that, I'd be a very rich man...
- If the corporations had their way, every street would be like Times Square, right? That's the dystopian nightmare future in so many SF films. Except it's not unfettered capitalism that makes Times Square garish and ugly, it's the building regulations of the special midtown district.
- Want to build a mobile phone transmitter in your bedroom? Not legal to turn it on, obviously, all the bandwidth is accounted for, but a good backup
- Note, Coade Stone is not on here. That's because, despite what the gorgeous Ms Coren said on Only Connect the other week, the formula for that was never lost.
- Simply amazing presentation (as we've come to expect from TED), makes the point that we know so little about many parts of the world that relating to it is difficult. I probably know more stories and facts about one city in the US than the whole continent of Africa. That's Not Good.
- Mutuals are good. Nuff said.
British Liberal, house husband, school play leader and stepdad. Campaigner, atheistic feminist, amateur baker. Male.
Known to post items of interest on occasions. More likely to link to interesting stuff. Sometimes talks about stuff he's done. Occasionally posts recipes for good food. Planning to get married, at some point. Enjoying life in Yorkshire.
Likes comments. Especially likes links. Loves to know where people came from and what they were looking for. Mostly posts everything publicly. Sometimes doesn't. Hi.
Expand Cut Tags
Blogs & stuff I read
- 1: Baked: Shredded Lime Cupcakes
- 2: NHS Reform, the bill "no one voted for"? No, not really.
- 3: A medical statement of the obvious
- 4: It was thirty years ago today...
- 5: Look at the size of that thing (and questions about links posts)
- 6: Clegg commits shared parental leave as Govt policy-Yay!
- 7: Hacking my 1337 layers: Dreamwidth Layout work
- 8: Interesting Links for 29-8-2011
- 9: Absolutely Fabulous anniversary specials
Stuff and nonsense
Here's the legal text:
Printed by Dreamwidth LLC, Maryland, USA. Published and promoted by Mat Bowles (Liberal Democrat) of Brighouse, West Yorkshire.