Collected links from around the web
- I love the Daily Mash sometimes (othertimes it's horrible, but, y'know). Professor Henry Brubaker said: "Everyone keeps saying western culture is under threat from Muslims or something, so we thought we'd better check. Turns out it's not." Think it's the paranoid extremists that're more of a threat m'self
- I've read elsewhere (and Jennie's argued) that as jobs became 'profesionalised' and wages increased, women were forced out--case in point?
- If you want to defend Google/Facebook's real names only policy, do try to avoid these defenses? They just make you look a bit daft.
- I'm always in favour of people learning from their mistakes and not holding old mistakes against them if they've moved on, but it's always worth remembering that sometimes, people don't ever really learn. Of course, sometimes a 'face' for a company may hatewhat they're doing and trying to defend the indefensible, but can never, ever admit it.
- Anil follows up what I lined the other day, expanding ont he ongoing fuss around Google+'s cackhanded attempt to force their preferred methods on everyone, despite it being almost certainly illegal in numerous jurisdictions. Community matters, discussion matters, feedback matters. Real names? Irrelevent.
- Can't argue with this, Caron sums up the arguments. She's younger than me, MPs should not be younger than me, that's Just Wrong, damnit!