- I spent less than 48 hours in Florence as I wanted to get to Sienna. I've been wanting to go back for ages as it's, simply, a beautiful city. Someone linked to this and I started laughing. And learning things, then laughing more. Can't pick a single entry, just, y'know, go have a look.
- Pretty much agree with this-the reason Vimes is an interesting and cool character is because he's Not Perfect. He makes mistakes, he messes things up, he tries to fix them and sometimes he fails. This is good.
- The more you learn, the less you know. Didn't know what maria was, now I know it's a big mystery and the answer may be rather cool.
- Ooh, interesting. Haven't read the whole judgement but the exerpts from El Reg are, well, nice. And Unclean Hands is an excellent, if risky, defense. They've got some very good points there, can't claim competetive infrigement while at the same time shutting down profiles of people who admit using the site for sex. Not sure about Shagbook itself though, they're using an IP geolocate to put me in Dewsbury, close but no cigar, but they've put a bunch of people "near" Dewsbury that I might like. Including a bloke in Devon. Devon definitely not close to Dewsbury, if it were I'd walk to me Mum's for tea...
- I'd so love to have a room big enough, and tidy enough, to attempt this sort of thing. The former is, of course, possible. The latter? Me? Nah...
- OK, the headline's io9's, and it's a bit crap, but it made me smile. Spoilers, naturally, so, y'know, go and hide fromt he internet until it's broadcast. Eyepatch!River. Frances Barber. Weird shit. Explosions. Oh, and a bloody stetson. Apparently, stetsons are cool. Don't believe it.
- Celebrating his 20,000th Twitter follower, @Scalzi writes a short story with every sentence less than 140 characters. It's short, it's funny and worth a read.
- Reminds me of when Boston was shut down because of the flashy robot things. Go Huddersfield!
British Liberal, house husband, school play leader and stepdad. Campaigner, atheistic feminist, amateur baker. Male.
Known to post items of interest on occasions. More likely to link to interesting stuff. Sometimes talks about stuff he's done. Occasionally posts recipes for good food. Planning to get married, at some point. Enjoying life in Yorkshire.
Likes comments. Especially likes links. Loves to know where people came from and what they were looking for. Mostly posts everything publicly. Sometimes doesn't. Hi.
Expand Cut Tags
Blogs & stuff I read
Stuff and nonsense
Here's the legal text:
Printed by Dreamwidth LLC, Maryland, USA. Published and promoted by Mat Bowles (Liberal Democrat) of Brighouse, West Yorkshire.