- I had the 8-10chars, some numbers, some punctuation jammed into me at work and elsewhere, it's become a habit. Anyone got a random word generator app? Suspect "correct horse battery staple" may become new 1234
- Steve wishes the riots were political, wishes they had a point, but they're just looters looting. I think he's, broadly, right. I think he's wrong to say there's no alternatives, but the disillusion of many with the idea of incremental improvement from within is a fight for another day.
- Is Worstall's analysis correct here? I can't see any flaws in it and the logic is sound to my ears, but it's certainly an unpopular message amongst certain elements of the environment first movement.
- Are we all descended from alien DNA falling to the ground in rocks? Maybe. Certainly possible if this is backed up. This is cool.
- The rules and weird politics around the Oscars always befuddles me, the LoTR movies barely got anything then ROTK swept the board, etc. But Scalzi makes a good point here about specifically singling out Serkis and the work he's done bringing forward motion capture acting as an actual art.
- For those of you that have never played Doomtown, the best CCG ever released, this picture of the real actual Clovis hogging a sofa is meaningless (but still cool, it's a devilbunny). For those that did? Clovis lives!
British Liberal, house husband, school play leader and stepdad. Campaigner, atheistic feminist, amateur baker. Male.
Known to post items of interest on occasions. More likely to link to interesting stuff. Sometimes talks about stuff he's done. Occasionally posts recipes for good food. Planning to get married, at some point. Enjoying life in Yorkshire.
Likes comments. Especially likes links. Loves to know where people came from and what they were looking for. Mostly posts everything publicly. Sometimes doesn't. Hi.
Expand Cut Tags
Blogs & stuff I read
Stuff and nonsense
Here's the legal text:
Printed by Dreamwidth LLC, Maryland, USA. Published and promoted by Mat Bowles (Liberal Democrat) of Brighouse, West Yorkshire.