Collected links from around the web
- I had the 8-10chars, some numbers, some punctuation jammed into me at work and elsewhere, it's become a habit. Anyone got a random word generator app? Suspect "correct horse battery staple" may become new 1234
- Steve wishes the riots were political, wishes they had a point, but they're just looters looting. I think he's, broadly, right. I think he's wrong to say there's no alternatives, but the disillusion of many with the idea of incremental improvement from within is a fight for another day.
- Is Worstall's analysis correct here? I can't see any flaws in it and the logic is sound to my ears, but it's certainly an unpopular message amongst certain elements of the environment first movement.
- Are we all descended from alien DNA falling to the ground in rocks? Maybe. Certainly possible if this is backed up. This is cool.
- The rules and weird politics around the Oscars always befuddles me, the LoTR movies barely got anything then ROTK swept the board, etc. But Scalzi makes a good point here about specifically singling out Serkis and the work he's done bringing forward motion capture acting as an actual art.
- For those of you that have never played Doomtown, the best CCG ever released, this picture of the real actual Clovis hogging a sofa is meaningless (but still cool, it's a devilbunny). For those that did? Clovis lives!