- How cool would this be? That China also expects international travel to be more and more common is indicative of movement in certain other areas as well. Would be great if it can happen, suspect logistics are going to be a headache though.
- Look at that change in fortunes-Nokia once taking a massive slice of smartphone sales profits, now making a loss on them and Apple clearly way out ahead.
- I love this sort of thing, using the opening of a new fashion store to understand more about the dynamics of an environment.
- Follow up from the link the other day about the redesigned map, one of the reasons why changing might be a good idea.
- Still no luck in Edinburgh for Andi. She needs to tour the country and come to West Yorks.
- Actual sales figures as well as market share. Nokia's Symbian, despite the announcement that it's being canned, still outselling iPhone's and only a small drop in total sales. Android through roof, Windows plummetting, Blackberry up in sales, down in %age, to be expected. Hell, Samsung's new Bada outselling MS. App devs and companies advertising apps need to look at actual figures before going large on advertining their iPhone apps. Silly hype believing marketers.
- More analysis of the Motorola purchase, even if it's defensive purchasing, it still stinks that so many stupid software patents exist for competing ideas, utterly ridiculous setup that discredits the whole IP system.
- To stop the wall, Adenauer proposed a teritory swap. I think that goes nearer the top of my list of counterfactuals that're worth thinking about.
- Phil Plait goes into more detail on Fuhrer's images, worth a read
- Some absolutely stunning renderings of the planets, including some in scale to each other. Dodgy JS gallery makes seeing them in full size harder though, if you right click and 'view image' you should get the actual full size stuff, really worth it
- Ye gods, the patent wars continue.
British Liberal, house husband, school play leader and stepdad. Campaigner, atheistic feminist, amateur baker. Male.
Known to post items of interest on occasions. More likely to link to interesting stuff. Sometimes talks about stuff he's done. Occasionally posts recipes for good food. Planning to get married, at some point. Enjoying life in Yorkshire.
Likes comments. Especially likes links. Loves to know where people came from and what they were looking for. Mostly posts everything publicly. Sometimes doesn't. Hi.
Expand Cut Tags
Blogs & stuff I read
- 1: Baked: Shredded Lime Cupcakes
- 2: NHS Reform, the bill "no one voted for"? No, not really.
- 3: A medical statement of the obvious
- 4: It was thirty years ago today...
- 5: Look at the size of that thing (and questions about links posts)
- 6: Clegg commits shared parental leave as Govt policy-Yay!
- 7: Hacking my 1337 layers: Dreamwidth Layout work
- 8: Interesting Links for 29-8-2011
- 9: Absolutely Fabulous anniversary specials
Stuff and nonsense
Here's the legal text:
Printed by Dreamwidth LLC, Maryland, USA. Published and promoted by Mat Bowles (Liberal Democrat) of Brighouse, West Yorkshire.