Collected links from around the web
- The joke of paying for Thatcher's funeral by charging for the dancefloor over her grave was always just a little off. But maybe those that want to celebrate her passing should do so now, when she's closed her offices and withdrawn from public life?
- The Met Office was founded by the Captain of Darwin's Voyage? I had no idea. Nice little silly season story showing how Einstein was wrong.
- Three questions put to a fairly succesful nationally known businessman. Three sensible answers. Looks like a decent employer, especially in his approach to Facebook &c on work time.
- How cool is this?
- Reynolds thinks Jones is a high order troll being so stupid deliberately. I think she's just an overpaid moron, but that the editor of the Fail is a troll. You?
- Many of my Devon based family use Facebook, it's useful to keep in touch with them there. That's it, beyond that I rarely go to the place except to reply to people. Not as keen on G+ as Jennie, but it's already better than FB
- I'd heard, and believed, the ecocide theory that the inhabitants had made it unsustainable themselves and were dying out before discovery. Looks like that's completely untrue, the trees dies out early, but a sustainable culture survived for centuries on very limited resources in an impressive manner
- I can easily picture Jennie doing this.
- Interesting reading, didn't know some of the early stuff about the East India. Long article, 7000 words, not had time to finish properly yet but want to go back to it, worth a read.
- PRobably some Soviet kit lost at some point, but what if?